Data Lake Solutions
Democratizing Big Data Insights through Search
TRADITIONAL DATA WAREHOUSE CHALLENGES
Today’s business users rely on diverse applications and content repositories to support their day-to-day work and strategic goals. This leads to a higher demand for faster, more efficient data access and analytics at end-users’ fingertips.
But traditional data warehouses and BI applications require complex database skills to access data. It could take hours or days to retrieve the data needed for analysis from data warehouse administrators. In addition, proprietary data warehouses may reduce flexibility (due to data type or format limitations) and scalability (due to rising storage costs).
HIGH-PERFORMING, OPEN SOURCE ENTERPRISE DATA LAKE SOLUTIONS
A repository of enterprise-wide raw data, but combined with big data and search engines, a data lake (or enterprise data hub) can deliver impactful benefits. Data lakes bring together data from separate sources and make it easily searchable, maximizing discovery, analytics, and reporting capabilities for end-users.
- Data richness – ability to store and process structured and unstructured data from multiple sources and types, including XML, text, JSON, audio, image, video, etc.
- User productivity - search is a universal tool for finding information. Your end-users can get the data they need quickly via a search engine, without SQL knowledge.
- Cost savings and scalability - open source has zero licensing costs, allowing your system to quickly scale as data grows.
- Complementary to existing data warehouses – data warehouse and data lake can work in conjunction for a more integrated data strategy.
- Expandability – this data lake framework can be applied to a variety of use cases, from enterprise search to advanced analytics applications across industries (read about the enterprise data lakes we’ve built here).
Our expertise in Hadoop, Cloudera CDH, Cassandra, Elastic Stack, Solr, Hortonworks, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and other big data platforms brings a wide range of flexibility and security options for your data lake.
OPEN SOURCE DATA LAKE ARCHITECTURE FRAMEWORK
STRATEGY, IMPLEMENTATION, AND SUPPORT
We provide end-to-end planning and deployment services that cover:
- System infrastructure assessment
- Data lake architecture recommendations and guidance so you can select the platform and tools that best fit your need
- Data lake security and governance strategy
- Pre-built or custom connectors to pull siloed content into the data lake
- Data preparation and enrichment, including metadata extraction, format conversion, augmentation, entity extraction, cross-linking, aggregation, de-normalization, and indexing
- Front-end integration with a search and analytics user interface
- Fully managed services and support to maintain peak performance
Get started with an assessment to identify the right data lake solution for your organization, contact us.