Enterprise Search & Big Data Consultancy – London, UK
An approved supplier for the G-Cloud 8 Framework on the UK Digital Marketplace
Founded in 2005, Search Technologies is the leading trusted and independent IT consultancy specialising in the design, implementation, and management of enterprise search and big data applications. We have provided search and big data solutions and services for over 800 customers in both the public and commercial sectors.
Some public sector organisations we have served include the Armed Forces, Charities, Councils, Government (local and central), National Health Services (NHS), Police, and Universities/Education.
A TRUSTED IT CONSULTANCY FOR PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANISATIONS
Whether you are looking for a complete, project managed search and analytics solution, or you just need assistance to finish a project on time, we can help.
An approved supplier for the G-Cloud 8 framework on the UK Digital Marketplace (view our listing here), our services range from consulting and architectural design, to experts-for-hire:
- Worldwide operations: Headquartered in Herndon, VA (US), we also serve and support our customers from our worldwide offices in London, Frankfurt, Prague, San Diego, Crestview Hills, San Jose (Costa Rica), and Manila (the Philippines).
- Search and big data experts: More than 180 technical specialists, with unique depth and breadth of search engine implementation and support. During the last four years alone, Search Technologies has delivered 50,000 consultant-days of search implementation services.
- Methodology: Well-established best practices and a vendor-independent approach to provide unbiased advice for the customer’s business goals.
- Partnerships with all the major search and big data technology providers: Our partnerships and expertise include Microsoft SharePoint & FAST, the Google Search Appliance (GSA), Amazon CloudSearch, HPE IDOL, Attivio, Oracle Endeca, IBM-Vivisimo, LucidWorks, Sinequa, Exalead, Lucene/Solr, Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks, and Elasticsearch.
- Technology assets: advanced content processing technology and connectors that can be plugged in or customised for customer projects.
OUR G-CLOUD SERVICE OFFERINGS - Download Data Sheet
PUBLIC SECTOR CUSTOMER EXAMPLES - Download Case Studies Sheet
Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE)
SCIE engaged Search Technologies to assess their search infrastructure to improve the user search experience. After migrating SCIE to the Solr search engine, a comprehensive range of Web 2.0 search features and best practices were implemented, resulting in an intuitive user experience, user satisfaction, and brand loyalty. View the case study.
Search Technologies previously worked with Business Link, a UK government-funded business advice and guidance service (now replaced by gov.uk), to leverage Solr for their GIS portal. The new search system aggregated live information from a range of data sources and seamlessly combined them with GIS-specific content. View the case study.
The United Nations
Search Technologies worked with the United Nations to implement search for their Scientific Knowledge Brokering Portal Pilot. The "Pilot" portal aimed to bridge existing knowledge repositories on land degradation and create a shared resource for land management best practices. View the press release.
US Government Printing Office (GPO)
Working under contract with the GPO, Search Technologies successfully migrated GPO’s legacy search system to an agile, open source search engine for enhanced usability and cost savings. The new govinfo.gov was launched in beta mode and expected to become permanent in 2017. View the press release.
US National Archives (NARA)
Search Technologies is the primary contractor chosen to build a new search system for the Online Public Access (OPA) resource, a portal to the billions of records that NARA maintains. SolrCloud was used for document archiving, indexing, and search across NARA's billions of public documents. See more details.
Contact us at digitalgovUK@searchtechnologies.com or +44 1344 292 292 to learn more about our search and big data services for the public sector.
With thanks to Advice Cloud, the digital marketplace experts who supported Search Technologies through the G-Cloud 8 Framework application process.