Enterprise Data Hub Strategy and Implementation
Make Data Work Better for Your Business Goals
Modern organizations are increasingly relying on data discovery and analytics to stay agile in fast-evolving markets. The growth of disparate content sources has furthered the needs for large data repositories that enable efficient storage and sharing of enterprise-wide data. Having a practical and scalable enterprise data hub strategy can help your organization make better use of the available data and leverage the right data to create competitive advantages.
At Search Technologies, we help you plan, design, implement, and maintain an enterprise data hub that fulfills your specific requirements.
BENEFITS OF ENTERPRISE DATA HUBS
- Centralization – content from various sources can be gathered together and processed using big data analytics and search techniques which would have otherwise been impossible.
- Data normalization and enrichment - content in the enterprise data hub can be prepared by metadata extraction, format conversion, augmentation, entity extraction, cross-linking, aggregation, de-normalization, and indexing.
- Security – appropriate security levels can be assigned to users, making the right data accessible to the right user groups. Some users in your organization may not need to work directly with the data in the original content sources, but they can still benefit from the information resulting from data hub processes.
- Cost effectiveness – content in the data hub is prepared “as needed,” reducing preparation costs for upfront processing (such as the costs required by data warehouses). A big data compute fabric makes it possible to scale this processing to include the largest possible enterprise-wide data sets.
- Flexibility - users, from different departments around the globe, can have quick, secure access to the data hub's content from anywhere. This increases the consumption of data and helps drive optimized business decisions.
- Knowledge distribution - enterprise-wide information available in the data hub enables employees, as well as partners and other stakeholders, to obtain insights and solve challenges.
DESIGNING AN AGILE ENTERPRISE DATA HUB ARCHITECTURE
The architecture, built on big data processing technologies and search engines, will enable the followings:
- All content from disparate sources will be ingested into the enterprise data hub and make available for search, providing a 360o view of your organization's data.
- The hub eliminates complex SQL query execution; content can be served to users via search.
- Each user can analyze organization-wide data and run reports via a custom graphical user interface designed for their tasks.
USING COMMERCIAL AND OPEN SOURCE TECHNOLOGIES
With over 200 search and big data engineers, our expertise range from open source to commercial platform, including Hadoop, Cloudera CDH, Cassandra, the Elastic Stack, Solr, Hortonworks, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc. We work to evaluate your current system and recommend the most appropriate technology and implementation approach.
We also provide an award-winning technology framework for structured and unstructured data processing and connectors, enabling easier collection and normalization of data from multiple sources.
Contact us to see a proof-of-concept and approaches for implementing a successful enterprise data hub strategy.