Metadata - The Key to Enterprise Search Excellence
- Almost all of the search features that users find useful rely on metadata; search navigators, results sorting by property, infographical display of results, etc.
- Relevency algorithms are positively affected by good metadata
- Creating and managing metadata accurately and sustainably is a key aspect of successful enterprise search implementation
Metadata can be captured from the original source, or automatically generated using a range of techniques including entity extraction, parsing and categorization.
Search Technologies has developed software tools, implementation methodologies and services, which we share with our customers to ensure that their metadata is clean, consistent, and can be maintained at a low ongoing cost of ownership.
If you take the automated generation of high quality metadata seriously, then we should talk. Contact us for an informal discussion.
- Aspire, a content processing framework for unstructured data
- A Document Processing Methodology for Search
- Also see our range of consulting and implementation services