Aspire Query Processing Language (QPL)
A Search Engine Independent Technology for Advanced Query Processing
BENEFITS OF ADVANCED QUERY PARSING
Aspire Query Processing Language (QPL) is part of Search Technologies' Aspire Technology Assets, a collection of search engine independent technology assets designed to help optimize the performance of search and big data applications.
- Automated query parsing is an important but much-neglected part of sophisticated search applications.
- For most organizations, query parsing rules which support key business processes represent an important intellectual property.
- QPL enables query parsing rules to be efficiently captured, deployed, and maintained in a way that is independent of both the search engine and the user interface or application.
Based on your organization's needs, Aspire QPL can be deployed individually or with other Search Technologies assets in our reference architecture.
HOW ASPIRE QPL WORKS
Automated query parsing plays a number of important roles within search systems. It provides a method to:
- Improve user-submitted queries, in context, by automatically creating better (more specific) queries. Better queries mean better search results and improved user satisfaction, regardless of which search engine is being used.
- Control and fine-tune relevancy ranking based on query-specific criteria.
- Deal with the exceptions that often conspire to make enterprise search roll-out difficult. For example, security exception handling that cannot be efficiently addressed through index-side processing.
Aspire QPL can be used to create complex query structures from multiple inputs such as security constraints, user interface controls, geo-location, and other information about the user or the environment.
For further information or an informal discussion, contact us.