The Search Application Assessment Service
Search Technologies provides a fixed-priced “Search Application Assessment Service" This service:
- Can be used when a search software license is already in place, or when the customer is looking for guidance on search product choices, including the applicability of open source alternatives
- Delivers a detailed report providing clear recommendations about search application design, implementation or improvement strategies
COMMON USE CASES
Common uses of this service include:
- Rescue and Realignment: Our pragmatic approach will help a distressed project get back on track quickly and cost effectively
- SharePoint 2010 / 2013 Search Choices: We know SharePoint search, FAST Search, and the leading 3rd-party options intimately. We provide unbiased advice based on your specific data landscape and user needs
- Search Infrastructure Audit: Whole search infrastructure auditing for rationalization or strategic planning purposes, typically where multiple data sets, business applications or search engines are involved
- Health Check: Improvement and extension for existing search implementations, helping customers to maximize ROI
- New Search Application Planning: The Assessment service can be used to provide a detailed project plan for new search projects. Our expertise will ensure that the many pitfalls are avoided and best practices are deployed. We'll also bring innovative ideas to the table
During the past eight years, Search Technologies has developed a structured approach to planning search-centric applications. This “Assessment” methodology has become an integral part of our implementation services business. It is offered at a subsidized fixed price, as it provides us with the opportunity to demonstrate our deep expertise to potential implementation services customers. The Assessment will be conducted by a senior engineer, who will be supported by specialist colleagues as appropriate, and the findings will be reviewed by Search Technologies' Chief Architect before delivery to the customer.
An Assessment Report detailing key issues and solution options is delivered along with an executive presentation of the main findings and recommendations, and where appropriate a detailed project plan.
For further information or an informal discussion contact us.