Document-Level Security for Enterprise Search
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Search Engine Security
In this series of free-to-air blogs, Paul Nelson, Chief Architect at Search Technologies, details a no-compromises approach to implementing document-level security in search systems.
No compromises means:
- Fully and accurately reflecting all underlying security restraints
- But without compromising search functionality or performance
A REFERENCE ARCHITECTURE
In addition to discussing the challenges and potential complexities of implementing document-level security, Paul also defines a reference architecture for search engine security, and suggests a number of standards that should be adopted by search engine and content repository vendors.
This resource is presented as a series of articles:
- Search Engine Security Goals
- Early-binding vs. Late-binding
- A Reference Architecture
- Indexing Document ACLs
- Query-time Group Expansion
- Industry Standards for Search Security
Search Technologies specializes in enterprise search implementation, and provides expertise for all of the leading search products.
For further information, contact us.
We’re very excited to announce that we’re now part of Accenture! Read the announcement here.