The Google Search Appliance (GSA) "Transition to the Cloud" - Rethinking Your Enterprise Search Strategy
Sales of GSA Winding Down through 2017. What's Your Next Step?
Google will be winding down sales of the Google Search Appliance (GSA) and begin to transition from an on-premise to a cloud-based solution. As a Google Premier Partner and long-time expert in search and big data solutions, Search Technologies is prepared to help our GSA customers and others looking for help make this transition as smoothly and effortlessly as possible.
So you may be asking yourself “what does the Google Search Appliance transition mean for my search strategy?”
While the full details of Google’s cloud-based solution will be available later this year, we wanted to share what we know so far:
- First, Google makes it clear that “our customers come first” with an explicit commitment to support GSA customers through the duration of customers’ license agreements. Current customers will have the opportunity to renew their GSA agreements with one-year or two-year terms and plan the transition with the help of Google Premier Partners like Search Technologies.
- Second, Google wants to assure customers that search and intelligence are core to their evolving product strategy. The future of Google’s cloud-based search solution will be assistive and powered by innovations in machine learning, graph search, and natural language capabilities.
As a Google Premier Partner, we’re prepared to help you develop the best plan moving forward during the Google Search Appliance transition. Our customers trust our approach that allows us to look beyond just search engine features and look further into each customer’s situation to select the right strategy.
As a trusted expert in the industry, we’re committed to delivering what’s best for our customers – you can rely on us to get you there.
We will be communicating more on this topic as we hear more updates from Google. In the meantime, here are some useful resources that have helped our GSA customers during their transition planning. You can:
- See answers to some of the GSA migration FAQs.
- Check out our survey results on the current state of migration planning among GSA users in hundreds of organizations.
- Download our e-book to read about the top 10 criteria for selecting a Google Search Appliance replacement.
- Watch our on-demand webinar to learn more about how you can replace your GSA seamlessly.
- Request a free consultation with our GSA experts to start planning a risk-free, cost-effective migration.
- Learn more about our Google Cloud Search consulting and implementation services.