SharePoint and Office 365 Hybrid Search Solutions
Search Technologies is the leading IT services company focused on enterprise search and a Microsoft Gold Partner. We help customers to excel with enterprise search, regardless of the challenges and complexities presented by the content environment.
SEARCH IN SHAREPOINT AND OFFICE 365
Many organizations are adopting a hybrid approach to content management, using both:
- SharePoint Server behind the firewall, and
- Office 365 (SharePoint Online) in the cloud
There are good reasons for this; cloud-based solutions offer convenience and cost savings. However, some content is too sensitive to put into the cloud, and for a range of other reasons too, organizations are adopting Office 365 but at the same time, maintaining on-premise content management systems such as SharePoint Server, Documentum, Lotus Notes and IBM Connections.
This poses challenges to search. Yet, wherever content is stored and administered, a great search capability is the foundation of business productivity.
CONSIDERING ON-PREMISE SHAREPOINT OR OFFICE 365 CLOUD SEARCH SOLUTION?
Every organization has a unique combination of content sets and business applications that require good search. Further, even companies within the same industrial sectors may take a different view about how much of their content to put in the cloud. Other challenging factors include:
- Content sets that need to remain in other repositories (rather than be migrated to SharePoint)
- On-premise content sets that are geographically or topologically distributed around the organization
Add to this the need for document-level security to be maintained, and each organizations data landscape is unique.
SharePoint hybrid solutions are more complex than 100% on-premise or cloud-based solutions, particularly when it comes to search.
OUR SHAREPOINT AND OFFICE 365 SEARCH EXPERTISE
We can help you find the ideal search solution whether you're looking to implement SharePoint on-premise, in the cloud, or via a hybrid approach.
- We have helped more than 800 organizations to deploy search solutions, based on their specific circumstances
- Back in 2006, we were the FAST Worldwide Partner of the Year (FAST was bought in 2008 by Microsoft, and it forms the nucleus of SharePoint search functionality today), and we've provided search-related services to more than 150 Microsoft customers since
- We've been a Gold-certified Microsoft Partner, with specific competency in search and related issues
Creating and maintaining a great search experience is fundamental to productivity. It makes a difference to employee and customer satisfaction when documents can be found and questions can be answered quickly and efficiently. Search enables business processes and collaboration to be more productive.
ENGAGE WITH US
Because every organization has its own circumstances, we can help you strategize, implement, and support a SharePoint/Office 365 search solution that works best for your business.
Contact us for an informal discussion of your search needs.
We’re very excited to announce that we’re now part of Accenture! Read the announcement here.