Natural Language Processing (NLP) Services
Natural Language Processing (NLP) is fast becoming an essential tool for many new business functions, from chatbots and question answering systems to compliance monitoring and BI and analytics.
Consider all the unstructured content that can bring competitive advantages – emails, social media, videos, customer reviews, customer support requests, etc. NLP enables organisations to process, analyse, and gain better insights from unstructured data.
Our Natural Language Processing services cover a range of needs, from data acquisition and processing to content extraction, analytics, and question answering systems (or business chatbots).
UNSTRUCTURED DATA EXTRACTION
We specialise in helping organisations to acquire unstructured content from external and internal sources for search and analytics. Our consultants are experienced in identifying and extracting useful data:
- Through paid and free content sources on the Internet
- Using Search Technologies’ secure connectors to popular content repositories
RAW LANGUAGE PROCESSING
As raw data varies from different sources, once the content is acquired, our content processing expertise ensures your data is properly prepared for the highest-quality results. Examples of raw language processing tasks include:
- Determine the format (e.g. PDF, XML, HTML, etc.)
- Extract text content
- Identify and remove irrelevant sections (common headers, footers, sidebars, boilerplates)
- Identify differences and changes
- Extract coded metadata
- Token extraction, normalisation, and cleansing
- Phrase extraction
TEXT MINING, TEXT EXTRACTION, AND QUERY UNDERSTANDING
In many use cases, the content is written down in a natural language (such as English, Spanish, etc.) but not conveniently tagged. We have the NLP tools and techniques to help you to extract information from this content.
Typical full-text extraction includes:
- Entity extraction – such as companies, people, £ amounts, key projects, etc.
- Content categorisation – positive or negative (e.g. sentiment analysis); by function, intention or purpose; by industry or other categories for analytics and trending
- Content clustering – to identify main topics of discourse and/or to discover new topics
- Fact extraction – to fill databases with structured information for analysis, visualisation, and alerting
- Relationship extraction – to fill out graph databases to explore real-world relationships
STATISTICAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING
In many NLP projects, statistical techniques can provide a general understanding of the document as a whole. Example statistical processing use cases with which we’ve worked include:
- Topic analysis
- Word clouds
QUESTION ANSWERING SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT
A question answering system parses queries for natural language questions and then integrates with back-end systems to deliver direct answers rather than just a list of results containing the keyword.
A question answering system can be built using Search Technologies’ Natural Language Processing Toolkit combined with an advanced and scalable set of natural language processing tools for query understanding:
- Acronym normalisation
- Sentence and phrase boundaries
- Entity extraction
- Statistical phrase extraction
- Question pattern recognition
- Statistical disambiguation
- Question-answer to action response
- Business user interfaces
Benefits of an NLP Question Answering system:
- A number of business user interfaces are available for entering and maintaining entities and patterns. These interfaces allow business users with no programming experience to enter and maintain common entities and question/response patterns.
- Programmer intervention is only required to integrate with back-end systems.
- The answers can be pulled from relational databases, RESTful APIs to any business system, or from the search engine results.
- Depending on your requirements, answers can be displayed as a natural language response, chart, report, or an interactive graphic.
Contact us to learn more about our Natural Language Processing services and discuss your requirements.