Best Practice Search for Government Information Portals
During the past three years, Search Technologies has worked with the United States Government Printing Office to develop the award winning Federal Digital System (FDsys), an information portal providing members of the public with easy access to a wide range of Federal Government information. The platform and methodologies developed for this major Freedom of Information Act initiative are now available to State and Local administrations.
COMPLIANCE, COST SAVINGS, GREAT PUBLIC SERVICE
Search is the most heavily used feature of most Government information portals, and search is the key application for ensuring that citizens find what they need quickly and efficiently.
- Supporting Freedom of Information obligations
- Providing easy self-service access and saving money by reducing face-to-face and call center contact
SUPPORTED OPEN SOURCE ALTERNATIVES
This solution can be implemented using open source software components, avoiding the need for capital investment in software licenses. Yet commercial-grade, 24 /7 system maintenance and support is available, enabling Government departments to deploy with complete confidence.
SEARCH APPLICATION HOSTING AND MANAGEMENT
A convenient, cost-effective managed service is optionally available, providing everything needed to run and support best practice search within your information portal for a simple monthly fee.
State-of-the-art functionality is provided, including:
- A fully browsable information structure: Your entire data set can be browsed, one click at a time, through a customized information hierarchy
- Contextual search navigators: Intuitive search navigation options, contextual to the data being viewed, quickly guide visitors to the information they need
- Flexibility: The public can search using simple keywords, yet professional researchers are provided with a wide range of advanced functions and techniques
- Third party applications: Programmatic access to the search system is provided to support the search requirements of business applications across the administration
For more information, contact us