Hadoop Consulting & Implementation Services
Internet search was the first "big data" problem solved by Hadoop. And at Search Technologies, we've successfully successful search and big data projects for over 800 clients in various industries.
More recently, our projects have involved implementing "big data" search and analytics solutions that involve extreme addressing the volume, velocity, variety and veracity of extremely large datasets. The solutions have included:
- Automating applicant to job matching ("search and match") for some of the largest recruiting companies in the world - a project that analysis of text of millions of unstructured records.
- Developing a Fraud Detection Workbench for the insurance industry that allows the detection of anomalous transactions from among tens of millions of claims records.
- Creating the "next generation" of intranet/extranet portals Fortune 500 companies that will leverage machine learning to optimize search relevancy.
- And other use cases powered by Hadoop, search, and big data technologies
So, as you would expect, we are deeply experienced with Hadoop consulting and implementation projects. We can provide skilled staff to assist customers with Hadoop-based projects at competitive daily rates.
STRUCTURING THE UNSTRUCTURED
We specialize in unstructured data applications. Regardless of whether you are planning a search system or hoping to gain business insight through big data analytics, adding structure to unstructured content is a key foundation. This means metadata enrichment, content cleansing, and normalization. In addition to our Hadoop knowledge, we are fully familiar with the appropriate tools, approaches and best practices for adding structure to content.
- In very large search systems, these upfront content processing tasks drive improved performance, relevancy and additional functionality for the user
- Insight applications depend completely on structure. If insight is to be actionable with confidence, then the methods through which additional structure is created must be transparent and consistent. In other words, data provenance is important
If your application involves unstructured content, contact us for an informal discussion of your Hadoop consulting needs.