Metadata - The Key to Enterprise Search Excellence
- Almost all of the search features that users find useful rely on metadata; search navigators, results sorting by property, infographic display of results, etc.
- Relevancy algorithms are positively affected by good metadata.
- Creating and managing metadata accurately and sustainably is a key aspect of successful enterprise search implementation.
TECHNIQUES FOR IMPROVING METADATA PROCESSING
Metadata can be captured from the original source, or automatically generated using a range of techniques including entity extraction, parsing, and categorization.
Search Technologies has developed software tools, implementation methodologies, and support services, which we share with our customers to ensure that their metadata is clean, consistent, and can be maintained at a low ongoing cost of ownership.
The automated generation of high-quality metadata can significantly improve your search experience. Contact us for an informal discussion of your requirements and how we can help.
- Aspire, a content processing framework for unstructured data
- A Document Processing Methodology for Search
- See our range of consulting and implementation services
Contact us to learn more about how we can help enhance your search relevancy.