What's new in Rocket NXT 4.8
Rocket Software NXT is an enterprise search engine with a strong following in the commercial publishing industry. Key enhancements in the August 2014 release of NXT 4.8 include:
- Faceted Search – Also known as guided navigation, supports filters that narrow search results.
- Definition of Facets in XIL File – Facets are defined in XIL file by using usual field-like syntax.
- Tuning of Facets – Appearance of facets can be changed by using Content Network Manager or SDF.
- Usage of Facets – Using NXT 4.8 WebUI, user can choose the scenario of usage of facets - regular narrowing or newly created search form.
- Improved WebUI– Improved stability and usability of NXT templates.
- Security Improvements – Improvements include protection against cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities and additional URL input validation.
- Improved escaping of path symbols – Library Manager and Online Server escape and decode special characters in the same way.
- IPv6 support in Content Network Server – Content Network Server now works on systems with enabled IPv6.
DEPLOYING ROCKET NXT 4.8
Search Technologies provides implementation and consulting services for both Rocket NXT and Folio. Contact us for an informal discussion of your requirements.