Is Open Source Right for You?
Where it fits, open source provides a reliable, cost-effective alternative for building search applications
- Search Technologies provides a fixed-price service to assess the applicability of open source search alternatives, such as Solr and Elasticsearch, to customer requirements
- This service provides the customer with all of the necessary information to make an informed decision
- Where open source is a viable option, an estimate of total cost of ownership is provided so that a comparison can be made with licensed product alternatives
Open source does not suit all search applications. However, for a growing range of customer requirements, it offers a reliable and cost-effective alternative. Open source is at its most powerful where search applications require a high level of customization, but it is also well suited to standard applications such as Web site search.
This fixed-price service comprises:
- On-site examination of the data-sets involved and the objectives of the search application
- Creation of a concise but comprehensive report on the suitability of open source
- A presentation to the customer of the main findings and recommendations
Contact us to discuss your search requirements and how to improve your search performance with open source technologies.