Search Problems in SharePoint? We Help with Metadata, Relevance Tuning Indexing, Configurations, and More
Troubleshoot Issues and Improve SharePoint Search Performance
COMMON PROBLEMS WITH SHAREPOINT SEARCH
From our experience helping many customers build, fix, and support search functionalities in SharePoint (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, Online) and FAST ESP, we have seen a number of search problems in SharePoint. Without specialized search expertise or internal resources, these problems can reduce SharePoint's effectiveness and users' collaboration.
- Sharepoint search not returning results even though users know that content has been added to SharePoint
- Search results are hard to find or not relevant
- Users are not well aware of different search functionalities available to them
- Inconsistent search performance issues are reported
Metadata and Configurations
- Missing, inconsistent, or incorrect metadata
- Missing or poor search features
- Results are not fine-tuned
- Slow query response time
- Crawl issues
Performance Metrics and Reporting
- The technical team has limited visibility of how end users are interacting with SharePoint search.
- Many companies find it difficult to measure search performance. Thus, they don’t have a clear roadmap for improvements.
HOW CAN WE HELP? SHAREPOINT SEARCH EXPERTISE
As a Microsoft Gold Partner with extensive experience supporting Microsoft FAST and SharePoint users, Search Technologies relies on proven SharePoint tuning techniques to help you troubleshoot search problems in SharePoint and enhance the overall end-user experience.
Some of our SharePoint search services include:
- Identifying problems with your SharePoint search and recommend resolution
- Search relevance tuning and advanced SharePoint search feature implementation, such as custom navigation, search refiners, auto-suggestions, rank boosting, etc.
- Metadata improvement
- Quality analysis and engine scoring to help you measure and improve search performance
- Information architecture review
- Pre-built and custom SharePoint connectors to various content sources
- Document-level security implementation
- Integration with analytics, machine learning, and reporting solutions
- Managed services and support
- Flexible training plans to help your end-users take full advantage of SharePoint capabilities
Contact us to discuss how we can help you address problems and improve search in SharePoint.