SharePoint Search 2013 "Best Bets"
SharePoint 2013 retains this important search functionality, but the name has changed
In SharePoint 2013, Best Bets are now known as Promoted Results.
- Best Bets provide AdWords-like functionality for SharePoint search
- This enables specific content to be "hardwired" to queries, ensuring that particular document will appear at the top of results lists, regardless of relevancy ranking calculations
- It enables content to be promoted in an administratively easy way, and without having to alter the way that relevancy is calculated
SharePoint 2013 administration staff are able to set up and administer Promoted Results, which are a type of query rule, via the Search Service Application.
Common uses of Best Bets functionality include
- Temporarily promoting items, such as events
- Providing exposure for content that contains little or no indexable content
- Serving important or popular content against relevant, but non-obvious queries
Contact us to discuss your SharePoint search initiatives.
Search Technologies is the leading company dedicated to enterprise search implementation services.
With experience dating back to 2005, Search technologies is one of the leading providers of expert services for SharePoint 2013 Search
Enterprise search solutions for large SharePoint 2013 environments, delivered through expert services, and the use of established best practices.
Metadata drives key SharePoint search functions such as sorting by property and search navigators. Content enrichment provides the metadata...
All enterprise search systems, including SharePoint 2013 search, benefit from consistent, high quality metadata. Automatic classification is one approach to generating additional metadata to support the search process