E-commerce Search with Solr
SITE SEARCH DIRECTLY IMPACTS E-COMMERCE'S TOP LINE
- When it comes to selling online, search directly and transparently impacts the top and bottom lines.
- Implementing brilliant e-commerce search is not a one-time exercise. It is achieved through a combination of planning, sustainable processes, and the smart use of technology
- Effective search ensures that customers find the products they need, encourages them to explore your inventory and provides explicit, valuable feedback for merchandisers
- Search relevancy is personal and should use an appropriate combination of individual, peer-group, and generalized intelligence to subtly coax orders from the visitor
SOLR FOR E-COMMERCE SEARCH
Search is the online equivalent of a professional sales person, who walks the floors of bricks-and-mortar stores and gently guides the customer to a mutually satisfying purchase decision. The impact of search on revenues and margins is both measurable and direct. As an open source search engine, Solr provides the functionality and flexibility for e-commerce companies to tailor site search to their business goals. Learn more about our Solr consulting and implementation services.
A well-configured e-commerce search system provides merchandisers with:
- Real-time control over, and immediate feedback from campaigns and promotions
- The ability to continuously experiment, learn, and optimize
- The ability to display and customize relevant, high-value product results for online shoppers, boosting retention and conversion rates
Few aspects of online commerce can compete with a comprehensive, sustainable search strategy in terms of direct and measurable impact on revenues and profitability.
Contact us for a discussion of your e-commerce search projects, challenges, and objectives.