E-commerce Search with Solr
- When it comes to selling online, search directly and transparently impacts the bottom line.
- Implementing brilliant e-commerce search is not a one-time exercise. It is achieved through a combination of planning, sustainable processes, and the smart use of technology
- Effective search ensures that customers find the products they need, encourages them to explore your stock, and provides explicit, valuable feedback for merchandizers
- Search relevancy is personal, and should use an appropriate combination of individual, peer-group, and generalized intelligence to subtly coax orders from the visitor
Search is the online equivalent of a professional sales person, who walks the floors of bricks-and-mortar stores, and gently guides the customer to a mutually satisfying purchase decision. The impact of search on revenues and margins is both measurable, and direct.
A well-configured search system provides merchandizers with:
- Real-time control over, and immediate feedback from campaigns and promotions
- The ability to continuously experiment, learn, and optimize
Few aspects of online commerce can compete with a comprehensive, sustainable search strategy in terms of direct and measurable impact on revenues and profitability.
All of this can be achieved with Solr.
Call us for a discussion of your e-commerce search ideas, challenges, and objectives.