Solr & Hadoop Integration
Search Technologies is the leading IT services company dedicated to enterprise search and unstructured big data applications.
- When it comes to searching Hadoop data, Solr is the natural choice.
- Both technologies belong to the Apache Software Foundation.
- Commercial versions of this integration are also available, for example, Cloudera Search.
- However, large data sets pose relevancy challenges. The bigger the data set, the more difficult it is to provide relevant results.
This is where Search Technologies can help. We provide cost-effective services to help implement and tune Solr implementations in relevancy, functionality, and performance terms.
- The fact that you found this page probably means that you are considering using Solr to provide search capabilities over data held in Hadoop.
- You may be looking to use the open source versions of these established technologies, or leaning towards commercially licensed packages of Solr and Hadoop
- Either way, creating effective search applications over large data sets requires experience and expertise.
This is where Search Technologies can help.
As with needles in haystacks, the larger a data set becomes, the more difficult it is to pinpoint useful, actionable information. The solution lies in a combination of experience, expertise, and add-on tools, many of which are available as open source.
The objective is to customize the search process to meet the precise needs of the application
- For interactive search applications, this means happier users
- For analysis applications, this means more meaningful and actionable output
We provide services at competitive daily rates, and we have already implemented more than 100 Solr-based customer projects, a growing number of which use Hadoop.
We have ideas and best practices that you need to know concerning how to architect search systems in a Hadoop environment.
Contact us for an informal discussion of your Solr / Hadoop ambitions and applications.
Unstructured content is fundamentally different from structured data and must be treated appropriately. This involves specialist skills and technology
The Big Data revolution: Why now? Expert services for creating custom big data applications that drive business innovation
Create clean, enriched, normalized unstructured content for big data, business insight and other analytic applications
Blog: Search is a keycomponent for delivering value from Big Data projects. Paul Nelson,Chief Architect as Search Technologies, explainswhy...
Search Technologies provides expert consulting and implementation services for applications such as fraud detection, which require unstructured content capture and processing
Blog: Big Data will make search systems better and easier. Search has always been concerned with large datasets, and statistical analysis...
Search Technologies, enterprise search and Big Data solution specialists, awarded for the 5th year in a row
Staff Blog, Structuring the Unstructured, describing the crossover from enterprise search technology to the big data world.
The preparation of unstructured content for analysis, otherwise known as Content ETL, is a known science to search engine implementers
Content ETL is an important part of many search and analysis applications