Online Training for Solr
In partnership with Pluralsight, Search Technologies is pleased to present Getting Started with Enterprise Search using Apache Solr.
- This three and a half hour online training course is aimed at programmers looking to gain a solid understanding of enterprise search systems
- The course uses Apache Solr, the leading open source search engine to illustrate all of the key aspects of building an enterprise search system, using real-world examples derived from Search Technologies' customer projects
Everyone uses search on a daily basis, so we all feel that we are familiar with it. Yet, search is one of the most misunderstood applications within the IT industry. Underneath the simple mechanism of entering a few words into a search box and receiving relevant results in return, there is a lot going on.
This course takes you through all of the key aspects that need to be understood to build a successful enterprise search system, including:
- A review of the need for enterprise search, its history, key features and functions
- The architecture of search applications
- Implementing and configuring Solr
- Indexing documents, and creating schemas for metadata to drive important functions such as search navigation and results sorting
- Search user interface functionality, and relevancy tuning
Search Technologies is the leading independent technology services firm specializing in the design, implementation, and management of search and big data analytics applications. Our 200+ search experts are experienced with a wide range of open source and commercial search engines, including Solr. Contact us to see how we can help improve your Solr search engine's performance.